Tuesday 29 October 2013

Halloween Nail Art (for those who can't do nail art)

I will willingly own up to not having any nail art skills to speak of. In fact, I can hardly get one colour on neatly. But Halloween is a time to put in a bit of extra effort and I've found a way to get Halloween friendly fingers without any artistry or special equipment is these very easy bloody nails! 


You just need two colours, one blood red (which can be bright or dark depending on preference for freshly drawn blood or old dry blood!), the other can be anything really though I tend to for for something neutral, even fleshy. I've seen this look work brilliantly over black nails too though!


First paint your nails all over with your base colour - I used one of the L'Oreal Resist & Shine Titanium Polishes (not sure of the name, if it has one!) that most closely matches my skin tone. 


Then just daub on your bloody splatters and drips with your red polish. You could probably get a more defined look with dotting tools or thin brushes but I've always just used the polish bottle brush!
 

OK so this isn't the most convincing attempt I've ever made of this look but you get the general idea! 
What do you think?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment