Thursday 25 October 2012

Christmas Gift Guide - Winter Accessories

One of the best things about the British winter weather is the cute accessories, hats, scarfs etc we get to wrap up in. These also make great Christmas presents as you can get varieties to fit to almost any budget and can be practical as well as fun and fashionable!

Hats: In the winter I'm definitely a beanie kind of girl when it comes to hats - there are just so many styles and colours available that there must be something for everyone. I've included the Topshop owl one because I've posted before about how much I'm loving the current owl trend, and I'm sure I'm not the only one! And the Matalan rose print knit is such a classic winter look. I love berets though I don't think I can actually pull them off as well as I would hope, and this one from New Look is so pretty. And then for those less keen on the knitted hat, two great hats from Accessorize (my go-to hat shop!): a great simple bakerboy cap, perfect for latching on the the current military trend, and a gorgeous wool bowler for a classic but cool look.

1 - Topshop - Owl pom-pom hat by Miss Pom - £20.00 2 - Matalan - Retro Rose Beanie - £5.00 3 - New Look - Alice Hannah Grey and Red Bow Beret - £21.99 4 - Accessorize - Military Buckle Cap - £18.00 5 - Accessorize - Blocked Wool Bowler - £22.00

Scarves: I lost my favourite scarf last year on (a wintery) holiday, so have been looking for the perfect replacement since - here are some great contenders: The Yumi scarf is so very pretty and though may not be the warmest option will definitely help keep the chill off while looking delightful. The Topshop scarf is the most adorable alternative to a fox fur - and nocturnal animals are so on trend right now! The pop-pom scarf from Accessorize is so different and fun, and I love the pretty bow details on this otherwise simple New Look design. One of my favourite approaches to scarves though is just a straightforward chunky knit in nice colours, like this Matalan one.

1 - Yumi Bird Print Scarf - £14.99 2 - Topshop Mrs Foxy Knitted Scarf - £20.00 3 - Accessorize Pom Pom Scarf - £22.00 4 - New Look Alice Hannah Bow Scarf - £16.99 5 - Matalan Space Dye Scarf - £8.00 

Gloves: I love the cute pompom details and the splash of pink on the otherwise muted-tones of the Atticus gloves, just giving them a subtle girly edge. Same goes for the New Look mittens - I don't think i've worn mittens as an adult, especially not ones held together with string, but these are oh so cute and look very toasty! Capped gloves, like these from Accessorize, are one of my winter favourites as you have the option of keeping your fingers warm but have easy access to them for using a camera, phone or anything else that needs a more precise touch than woolly gloves can provide, and I;ve already mentioned my love for cute owls! Also in line with the cute animal trend are these longer cut offs, also from Accessorize, that will keep your arms as well as your hands warm! Finally, for a more sophisticated look that animal knits can provide, are these lovely long suede gloves from Tesco!

1 - Atticus Pearl Stripe Pom Pom Gloves - £7.99 2 - New Look Miss Pom Pom Black Spotty Pink Bobble Mittens - £24.99 3 - Accessorize Twit Twoo Capped Glove - £12.00 4 - Accessorize Foxy Long Cut Off - £15.00 5 - F&F Long Button Suede Gloves - £15.00

Earmuffs: I love earmuffs, they can be a fun way of keeping your ears warm without messing up your hair like hats can. The pink flowery ones are the most feminine of my choices here, very classic and pretty and in lovely warm colours for the winter. The River Island ones, as well as looking lovely and warm, have extra decoration in the form of the adorable bear ears - so cute! Unfortunately it's a little too late to get the awesome skeleton hands in time for Halloween, but will still keep your ears warm for the rest of the year, and finally the little monsters from the Etsy shop Snaarlz are completely adorable and unique. I love Etsy for gifts - I love the idea that you are buying someone a gift they can't just pick up in town, it's just a bit more special.

1 - Monsoon Crochet Flower Stripe Earmuffs - £10.00 2 - River Island Black Fluffy Bear Earmuffs - £13.00 3 -  Grindstore Skeleton Hand Earmuffs - £9.99 4 - Snaarlz Red Earmuff Monster - £12.00 

Special Mention - Spirit Hoods:

Grey Wolf Peruvian Sprit Hood - £126.00

These get their own category as they pretty much cover hats, scarves and gloves in one. There is however another very important reason they get a special mention. If you buy any of the Spirit Hoods with a ProBlue label, 10% of the net profit of that sale goes towards the conservation of that animal. So for instance, if you bought the Grey Wolf Spirit Hood pictured here, 10% of the profits would go towards helping prevent 'kill orders' on wolves. More information can be found on the work of ProBlue and the animals they support here.

3 comments:

  1. I love these ideas for winter! That fox scarf is great. Thanks for visiting me, now following you!

    Kaeli
    The Broadcloth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for following! The fox scarf might be my favourite of them all too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute winter essentials, i love them all.

    Your new follower.

    Txx

    ReplyDelete