Thursday 21 February 2013

Brit Awards 2013 - The worst dressed awards ceremony ever?

The Brit awards, while always the favourite to watch of my brit-pop loving younger self, has never been a match for others in the style stakes.

It seems the relative informality of the Brits seems to leave even usually well-dressed stars at a bit of a loss. Gemma Arterton, for example, impeccable at the recent BAFTA's, looks like a disco granny in this sparkly buttoned disaster.


Katherine Jenkins, another celebrity that I know knows how to dress, seems to have missed the mark too. I do like the print, and the colours, especially on an evening where the least offensively dressed were all in black, but I don't begin to understand the shape of the dress. Or, for that matter, the hair.


And I think the less said about Jaime Winstone's crazy jukebox print dress the better - though at least she seems to be wearing it with a hit of humour - more than can be said for some of the other attendees. 


Of course, the Brits is an occasion for celebrities to be a bit more playful with their outfit choices than other red-carpet events, but for me - as a person who doesn't get invited to many extravagant award ceremonies - outfits like these just seem to be a waste of a great opportunity to wear a pretty dress and have fun. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! Lucky me i didn't saw the red carpet... hahaha
    Lovely blog! wanna follow each other? Let me know! x

    http://www.xcherrylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean - there were some complete disasters

    Thanks for your lovely comment!
    Hope to see you again soon

    Z
    http://www.are-we-on-time.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe these bad outfit pics always makes me laugh:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - it must be so hard to get it that wrong! :)

      Delete
  4. Is that the actual shape of Katherine Jenkins' dress then? You'd think it might have been the wind or something :/ strange choice. Fab post though chick :). I like your wish list/fashion posts aswell, love seeing peoples fave clothes. I wanna start doing more fashion posts. I found your blog through #bbunch bloghop hun :). I look forward to seeing more posts from you!

    http://gemsi2011.blogspot.com
    @GemsGemz86

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is - I saw pictures from loads of different angles and they all looked as crazy as each other!

      Delete