Monday 11 February 2013

Romance is in the air, love is all around us, supermarket shelves are being cleared of boxes of chocolates and petrol stations of flowers. It must be that time of year again! Yup, Valentines is upon us and I have been contemplating a couple of potential wardrobe choices.

For a slightly more casual Valentines date outfit, I'd go for a less dressy jumper and jeans combo, while still keeping the traditional valentines colours and themes.


The heart jumper, perfect for celebrating the day of love, is JW Anderson for Topshop - a hand knitted gem for £70. For a cosy and romantic night I would team the red jumper with a simple pair of black skinny jeans (the ones here are from New Look, £9.99) so I could focus more on the gorgeous sparkly BabyCham wedges, available at Barratts for £20. I've finished off this outfit with a cute Wax Seal Necklace from Cheap Frills (£12) which come in any letter of the alphabet so you can get your true love's initial.



For those who make it our for a nice date this Valentines, you could do a lot worse than this red dress with thematic heart detail cut out from New Look (£22.99). I'd keep the rest of the outfit quite simple, with plain black bag (Accessorize, £8) and shoes (Barratts, £15), but throw on the heart bracelet (Love Culture, $8.90) for an extra Valentines detail. 

Though my Valentines evening outfit is more likely to look like this

Heart Onesie - Boohoo £25.00

As I prepare to spend the evening cosy at home in front of the TV. 

Hope you all have a lovely Valentines Day! 

1 comment: