Tuesday 21 May 2013

The Great Gatsby

I know I'm not the only fashion lover who has been eagerly awaiting the release of The Great Gatsby. My anticipation has little to do with seeing Scott F Fitzgerald's most famous story hit the big screen, and much more to do with the undoubtedly beautiful costumes bound to be on display.

I've yet to make it to the cinema, but I'm going tomorrow and in anticipation I bring to you some of my favourite Gatsby inspired frocks:


This first pair is a real Splurge Vs Save comparison - the stunning Lipsy offering, with it's beautiful lace detailing and eyecatching trim, has Gatsby-esque glamour written all over it, but the pretty simplicity and purse-friendly price make the George at Asda dress a wonderful budget alternative!


The Tracey Reese Dress, available from Modcloth, and the pretty Uttan Boutique Dress from Yumi Direct, both utilise embellishments to make a simple design look really special. The black and silver trim on the first option really lends itself well to being paired with black tights, or even a jacket, on slightly colder occasions, while the second is perfect for sunnier occasions where these wont be necessary.


And finally, I thought this extraordinary dress from Asos didn't need a partner as I would be very hard pressed to find anything comparable! A spectacular frock for a really glamorous occasion - if only I had somewhere to wear it! 

6 comments:

  1. I love seeing big movies influencing fashion, who doesn't love a bit of 1920s glamour? You've found some really nice dresses here & that one from Asda, what a steal! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I'm going to see this movie tomorrow night - im so excited and can't wait to see all the outfits! You've found some really nice cheap alternatives here!

    Check out my blog ~ http://right-up-my-street.blogspot.com
    Thanks for following me on twitter

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! These dresses are so stunning.
    www.fashionandbeautyinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first two scream Gatsby. Love the second dress for Yumi, so pretty!
    Estelle x
    letmegoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the one from George for £15 you cant go wrong really!

    http://lazy2lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the lipsy dress!

    Dreamoffashionandcupcakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete