Monday 27 May 2013

Violets Knickers

If anyone reads this blog on a regular basis, you may have noticed I have a bit of a soft spot for luxurious lingerie. Purely a fantasy soft spot of course as the majority of my underthings were purchased based on price and comfort rather than sensuality, but there is something so appealing about the idea of wearing beautiful fabrics and gorgeously designed items so close to your skin.

This week I have discovered a new on line place for indulging in my silky daydreaming - Violets Knickers.

Violet, the lady behind the brand, clearly has strong views on the importance of lingerie to a ladies self esteem and has made it her mission to bring together the finest items from the best designers to her boutique.  'No woman should feel limited in underwear just because the majority of the world doesn’t see it. In fact, that’s what makes it so special'.

To learn more about the mysterious Violet, the 'Who is Violet' video gives a few clues to the identity of the self confessed lingerie addict.



France is the nation generally accepted to have the best understanding of the importance of lingerie, and the video, with its French soundtrack for example certainly does seem to nod towards our neighbours across the channel. But Violet shops in the English rain on the streets on London. She lives in a terrace house. She is an English girl with a French attitude towards lingerie - and why shouldn't she? Why should we let the French have all the fun?


And on that note, I've been having a look to see what a lingerie expert like Violet would deem as acceptable underwear and I can't help but agree with her on a few points! As a lover of anything vintage inspired, the Lovebird Bra (£37) and Brief (£25) combo instantly caught my attention - but the Marjolaine Silk and Lace Chemise (£190) is exquisite and the Ayton Gasson Silk Teddy (£80)  looks equally as luxurious!

I'm really glad people like Violet are encouraging the masses to embrace their sexy side, and I think it's really about time I treated myself to a little something special too....

To keep up to date with the goings on in Violets knickers, you can follow her on twitter here.

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous! need some new undies! xx
    www.fashionfumblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting.I will be waiting for your next post.
    Fantasy lingerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! Just set up my own blog and website selling ladies lingerie and its all new to me! Any hints or tips would be great and much appreciated head on over and take a look www.intimateeffects.com xx

    ReplyDelete