Tuesday 25 September 2012

Money Supermarket - Passion for Fashion

I do love a good outfit challenge, and I just got wind today of the money supermarket challenge to put together five outfits suitable for different occasions - a first date, casual, work, party and outdoors - for less than £200 per outfit. The details of this fun competition can be found here.
However, like I said, I just discovered this competition today and it closes tomorrow - cutting it a bit fine to get five outfits together! But here is what I came up with:

FIRST DATE


Dress  - Sugarhill Boutique - £52.00 Shoes - Rocket Dog - £54.99 Bag - Yumi - £35.00 Necklace - Hero and Cape - £20.00 Tights - New Look - £4.99 Hair Clip - Matalan - £3.50
Total Cost - £170.48

I love this yellow dress from Sugarhill Boutique, definitely pretty enough for a first date but without being overly showy or dressy (we don't know if we like the chap yet!), and I stuck to black accessories to let the yellow really pop. 



CASUAL


Jeans - New Look - £14.99 Jumper - Sugarhill Boutique - £55.00 Bag - Gorjuss, Totally Funky - £49.99 Shoes - Converse - £44.99 
Total Cost - £164.97

I've avoided a lot of accessories here because to me casual means really casual - so comfy jeans, sloppy jumpers and the ultimate in casual footwear.

WORK



Dress - Sugarhill Boutique - £55.00 Tights - Matalan - £5.00 Bag - Yumi - £25.00 Boots - Asos - £85.00
Total Cost - £170.00

I know this is the third outfit I've used Sugarhill Boutique as a main part of the outfit, and it's not that I haven't looked elsewhere, I really have, but I keep heading back here because their stuff is just so good! The heeled brogues give them a more feminine twist, and they and the tan bag mach the detailing on the dress, with cream tights to keep legs warm. 


  PARTY


Dress - Dorothy Perkins - £55.00 Necklace - Accessorize - £12.00 Bag - New Look - £19.99 Hair Clip - Accessorize - £18.00 Shoes - Iron Fist, Branch 309 - £35.00 
Total Cost - £136.99

I'm completely in love with Iron Fist shoes.

OUTDOORS

Raincoat - Yumi - £55.00 Boots - Rocket Dog, Schuh - £45.00 Hat - Topshop - £14.00 Leggings - New Look - £12.99 Jumper - Lavish Alice - £23.00 Shorts - River Island - £35.00
Total Cost - £184.99

I would imagine that trousers would make a more obvious choice for outdoor wear, but with my short legs I find that trouser legs trailing in the rain just leave me soaked - these thick leggings would be a much drier alternative! The warm woolly hat and jumper should leave you feeling toastie enough, with the raincoat simultaneously keeping off the worst of the wet weather and injecting a splash of colour on grey days.

9 comments:

  1. To save writing you too much of a list, I love everything you've put together here - by far my favourite entry! I love the first date dress and necklace, and I need the casual bag in my life! The work outfit is just perfect! Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want that bag too, may have to treat myself come payday! Thank you so much for your kind comments!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE your work outfit! Especially the shoes, they are gorgeous...great entry best of luck! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I wish I got to dress like that at work everyday!

      Delete
  3. Love the Casual Jumper and you can't go wrong with Iron Fist heels for a party!
    Thanks for stopping by and good luck in the competition x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Iron Fist Heels, and own a couple of pairs but I really can;t walk in them - just admire them! :)

      Delete
  4. your party is awesome! I love the shoes and the accessories! great entry! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfits!!! Would be cool if you could pass by mine too!

    http://vikbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/autumnwinter-2012-passionforfashion.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your entry is really good! I love those RI shorts, they're so nice xx

    misskirstymarie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete