Saturday 8 December 2012

Barratts Christmas Challenge

Anyone who has read this blog before knows I can't resist an outfit challenge, so when I heard there was one to win Barratts shoes over at kel loves blog, I thought I might as well have a go - after all, I'm trying to plan a christmas party outfit anyway!

You can find all the details here if you wanted to have a go, but essentially you have to put together an outfit from one of a choice of Christmas scenarios: A Christmas party, walk in a winter wonderland, Christmas day, or a long day of Christmas shopping! The outfit just had to include footwear from Barratts.


With this in mind, I thought I'd start foot first, and have a look through what Barratts had to offer and work on my outfit around that. I was originally looking for some lovely winter boots - I'm a fan of practical footwear in bad weather as falling over is never a fashionable look - but then I saw these adorable dalmation print platforms (£30) and knew I had to include them!
The rest of the outfit fell in around the shoes really. I wanted to keep it quite simple to make the footwear the focus, but black isn't very Christmassy and I love this deep red that suits the season so well - the dress is from Topshop (£65.00).
I imagine a well-heated party venue, but to keep the chill off going to and from party I added the cute biker jacket from New Look (£39.99).
The clutch is also from Barratts (£42.00) - did you realize they did bags too? I didn't! - and I just love the ruffled texture of it.
And then to finish the outfit off, my favourite festive nail varnish at the minute, China Glaze Ruby Pumps (£5.95), as nothing says Christmas Party like a bit of red glitter!

Hope you all like my outfit!
Did you enter too - leave links if you did, I'd love to check out your entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment