Monday 10 June 2013

Father Day Gift Guide - some last minute ideas!

Does anybody else leave their gift buying 'til the last minute? Despite knowing for ages that Fathers Day is coming up, I still haven't bought my dad his present!
If anyone else is still in the same boat, here's a few ideas I have come across while researching the perfect gift for my old man!

Now I'm not for a second suggesting you buy your dad a shiny new fast car (unless he's been very very good!), but if he happens to be a car lover I can imagine may dads loving the chance to drive something sexy and speedy without fear of trouble for going 'too fast')! Buyagift.co.uk have a range of driving experiences starting from just £39, as well as loads of other dad-friendly experience gifts such as visits to famous sporting venues! Is your dad more of a Wimbledon or a Wembley man?


I spotted these Vinyl Clocks on twitter and I think this would be perfect for my dad, who has the largest Vinyl collection I know. The one shown is the Beatles classic Hey Jude 7" single, but there are so many different ones available they're bound to have something from your dads favourite band! These are all made from authentic records, not just mock-ups, and it's such a fun idea!

Though I'm not sure what my mum would think of having it up in the living room!


Something that I'm sure my mum would be happy to have in the house as well as my dad is a new coffee machine like this handsome beast from Hope and Glory. The machines come in a gorgeous array of colours to complement any kitchen, and a coffee 'starter kit' is available as a month;y 'coffee club option', for the gift that keeps giving! At £349 this machine isn't the cheapest gift option but could make a great combined gift between siblings.

Personalised Father's Day photo gift Mugs

If this is beyond your budget but you still want to appeal to a coffee loving patriarch, how about a personalised coffee mug instead? Freephotoprinting is a great place to check out where all the best deals on photo printing and personalised gifts can be found! A mug has been one of my go-to gift ideas for years and my parents cupboards must be full of them going back years by now!


I still haven't decided what I'm going to get but I haven't got a lot of time left! eek!
What is the best thing you've ever bought your dad as a present?


No comments:

Post a Comment